Dr. Larry Good has been a practicing gastroenterologist since 1978. Dr. Good graduated Colgate University Magna Cum Laude in 1969 and received his M.D. with Alpha Omega Alpha status from the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, SC in 1973. Dr. Good served a medical residency from 1973-76 and was Chief Medical Resident in 1976. He was fellowship trained in gastroenterology from 1976-78.
Dr. Good has served as the Director of Liver Diseases at Nassau County Medical Center and was for many years Chief, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine at South Nassau Communities Hospital. Dr. Good is an assistant clinical professor of medicine at SUNY Stony Brook. He has given hundreds of lectures in his field and has authored numerous papers and abstracts. Recently, Dr. Good presented the ACG Theater lecture at the American College of Gastroenterology annual meeting in Chicago, Illinois in October, 2014.
Dr. Good was Chief Medical Officer at Ritter Pharmaceuticals in Los Angeles, California, where he expanded his research interest in the intestinal microbiome. Dr. Good’s current clinical research activities involve the microbiome, inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and the application of orally administered gamma globulin to patients with acute and chronic gastro-intestinal disorders.
Dr. Good founded Good Pharmaceutical Development Co., LLC, in 2014. He is their CEO and is developing a topical product for treating neuropathic pain. Dr. Good was appointed as an editor of BMC Gastroenterology, a prestigious on line peer reviewed medical journal. He is a member of the Speakers Bureau for Entera Health, Abbvie and Cubist Pharmaceuticals. Dr. Good currently receives research grants from Entera Health and Medicus Biosciences.
Dr. Good is the former C.E.O. of Compassionate Care Center of NY and has had a long interest in research application of the physiology of natural molecules to multiple disease states. Currently, Dr. Good is the C.E.O. of New Century Health Alliance, L.L.C., a Continuing Medical Education Company certified to provide 6.25 AMA PRA credits for education in the area of medical marijuana treatment.
In May, 2016, Dr. Good was named to the Steering Committee for Medical Marijuana Research and Education Division, Department of Integrated Medicine at Thomas Jefferson Medical University in Philadelphia. He has just completed a manuscript soon to be published on the treatment of Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis with medical marijuana pharmaceuticals.
Qualifications and Experience
Education & Training
University of Pennsylvania Health System Fellowship, Gastroenterology, 1976 - 1978
Medical University of South Carolina Residency, Internal Medicine, 1973 - 1976
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine Class of 1973
Colgate University B.A., 1969
American Board of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology
American Board of Internal Medicine Internal Medicine
NY State Medical License 1978 - 2018
Gastroenterologist Larry I Good M.D. PC Lynbrook, NY - Present
Who’s Who in American Medicine 1994
Who’s Who in American Science and Technology 1991
Fellow American Gastroenterologic Association, 1979
Family Physician Teaching Award South Nassau Communities Hospital, 1979-1980
Service Award National Institute of Health Research, 1977
Golden Apple Award, AMSA Teaching Award 1975
Alpha Omega Alpha 1972
Whos Who in Medicine and Healthcare Marquis Whos Who
Good, L.I., Avai, A., Trotman, B.W. et al: Hepatic Hemagiomas: Pitfalls in Scintigraphic detection, Gastroenterology, 74: 752-758, 1978.
Edell, S.L.; Good, L.I.: Mediastinal Pancreatic Pseudocyst, American Journal of Gastroenterology, 71: 78-82, 1979.
Good, L.I., Edell, S.L., Soloway, R.D. et al: Ultrasonic Properties of Gallstones, Gastroenterology, 77: 258-263, 1979
Soloway, R.D., Good, L.I., Lyon, D.T. et al: Bile Delivery to the Duodenum, The Papilla Vateri and its Diseases, N.Y.: Berlag Gerhrd Witzstrock, 1979.
Good, L.I., Dolgin, S.M.: Pathophysiology of Gallstones Disease; 1981 Update; Medical Times.
Dolgin, S.M., Good, L.I.: Identification of Patients with Choleosterol or Pigment Gallstones by Discriminant Analysis of Radiographic Features; New England Journal of Medicine; 304: 808-811, April 2, 1981.
Good, L; Burnett, B.; Management of Loose Frequent Stools in a Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia Patient with Oral SBI; Clinical Medicine Insights: Gastroenterology 2014:7, 1-5.
Good, L., Rosario, R., Panas, R.; New Therapeutic Option for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin; World Journal of Gastroenterology; 21(11): 3361-3366.
Good, L.; et al; Oral Serum Bovine Immunoglobulin improves IBS-D Symptoms Analyzed from Patient Medical Charts; Biol Med Case Rep 2017: 1(1):16-23.
Good, L.: Barnett, B.; Management of Loose, Frequent Stools and Fecal Incontinence in a Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia Patient with Oral Serum-derived Bovine Immunoglobulin; Clinical Medicine Insights: Gastroenterology 2015:8, 7-11.
Abstract, Posters and Presentations
1. Good, L.I.; Long W.B.: Prognostid Significance of Hypertension in Acute Pancreatitis, Gastroenterology; 72 (5); 1977.
2. Good, L.I.; McCone, J.D.; Soloway, R.D. er As: Multicompartment Model of the Bile Salt Pool, Clinical Research, 26 (3), 1978.
3. Good, L.I.; Edell, S.E.; Soloway, R.D.: et al: Ultrasound Apperance of Gallstones; Effect of Stone Size and Composition, Gastroenterology.
4. Good, L.I.; Trotman, B.W.; Soloway, R.D.: Protein Content of Gallstones: Role in Pathogenesis, Gastroenterology, 74 (5), 1978.
5. Good, L.I.; Dolgin, S.M.: Screening Flexible Sigmoidoscopy, American Journal of Gastroenterology, 78 (10), 1983.
6. Hanaver, S.; Good, L.I. et al: Mesalamine Suppository Efficacy in Ulcerative Proctitis, Gastroenterology, 94 (5), A 42, 1988.
7. Good, L.I., Nester, T., Borgen, L. et al: A Double Blind Comparison of Controlled Release Mesalamine Tablets and Sulfasalazine in the Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis. Gastroenterology, 102 (4), A640, 1992.
8. Kauvar, D., Good, L.I., et al.: Treatment of a Massive Single Hepatic Cyst, American Journal of Gastroenterology, 89 (9), A466, 1994.
9. Good, L.I., Nagel, R.: Resection, Rehabilitation, and Recovery…Against All Odds: The impact of a Home Nutrition Support Team on Fostering Bowel Adaptation in a Patient with Short Bowel Syndrome, February 2010.
10. Good, L., Fecal Incontinence with Chronic Mesenteric Ischemia: Case Report of Response to Serum Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate, American College of Gastroenterology, Oct. 20, 2014.
11. Good, L., Panas, Raymond, Use of Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate (SBI) in Patients With Crohn’s Disease, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Journal, Vol. 20, Number 12, December 2014.
12. Good, L., Panas, Raymond, Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate (SBI) Use in Patients With Ulcerative Colitis, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases Journal, Vol. 20, Number 20, December 2014.
13. Good, L., Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin in the Management of Chronic Gastrointestinal Disease, International Conference and Exhibition on Gastrointestinal Therapeutics, August 25-27, 2015 Valencia, Spain.
14. Good, L., Panas, Raymond, Nutritional Management of Celiac Disease Using Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate in a Patient With Poor Gluten-Free Diet Compliance, ACG- Hawaii Convention Center, October 16-21, 2015.
15. Good, L., Panas, Raymond, Management of Severe Watery Stools With Fecal Incontinence in Ileorectal Anastomosis Patient With Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin Therapy, ACG-Hawaii Convention Center, October 16-21, 2015.
16. Good, L., Panas, Raymond, Remission of Pouchitis in Patients Following Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate (SBI) Therapy, Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Disease Annual Meeting, Orlando, FL., December 10-12, 2015.
17. Good, L., Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Disease, 11th Global Gastroenterologists Meeting, Rome, Italy, June 12-13, 2017.
18. Tyson, C., Good, L., et al, Economic and Clinical Impact of Serum-Derived Bovine Immunoglobulin/Protein Isolate (SBI) in the Management of Chronic Diarrhea in Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), ISPOR 20th Annual European Congress, Glasgow, Scotland, November 4-8, 2017.